Wednesday 27 April 2011

The "Perfect" Swirl


Photography by the Cupcake Around the Corner
I always wondered how bakeries managed to make their cupcakes have near to perfect frosting…was it the metal tip they used? the type of frosting they were using? How did they do it!!? Then one day I was experimenting with a batch of cupcakes I had made and think that is when I figured out the trick. Here’s how I suggest you make the perfect swirl on top of your cupcakes…

1)    Squeeze out one big blob of frosting onto the middle of the cupcake
2)    Then start spiraling and swirling around the cupcake
a.    Start on the part of the cupcake that doesn’t have frosting yet
b.    Once you’ve done a whole circle like this you can start to do the same around the blob.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment